My classes create space and strength in the body and quieten and focus the mind.
Each week we practise a sequence of asana, pranayama and meditation with a different energetic or philosophical theme.
Come expecting to breathe completely and move mindfully as we balance effort with ease.
I teach authentically from my own practice and experience, weaving together movement sequences and breathing practices designed to support everyday life, at the same time as working towards a deeper level of self awareness, understanding and acceptance.
I love to dance, swim, play tennis and have a go at any movement discipline that comes my way. I have specialist trainings in yoga therapy, vinyasa sequencing, yoga ‘as medicine’, restorative yoga, Thai yoga massage, yoga for digestive health, one to one adjustments, somantic movement and the Chinese practice of Qigong.
LIVE ON LINE YOGA EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY. 5.30 – 6.30pm. SLOW FLOW YOGA TO BREATHE, MOVE, RELAX WHEN YOU MOST NEED TO. Suggested rate £9pp. email@example.com for more info.
LIVE ON LINE WEEKEND WORKSHOPS. Next up is a flow and restore workshop to celebrate the summer solstice on 20 June at 4.30pm. Please see here for all information.
ALL IN PERSON CLASSES CURRENTLY POSTPONED.
Weekly public class: Primrose Hill Yoga: Every Thursday 5.30 – 6.30 pm. Strengthen, stretch, relax and restore in a beautiful, spacious, peaceful studio. £10 a class if booked as a series of four. Drop ins £11. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book!
Regular weekend workshops: Next workshop is a ‘Flow and restore’ workshop to celebrate the summer solstice on 20 June (online)
Regular cover classes: at the Life Centre, the leading London yoga centre in Islington and Notting Hill.
Private classes: bespoke sessions for individuals with a specific focus or goal.
Corporate workshops: for leading City firms and organisations. Clients include ZSL London Zoo, JLT Group, The University of London and the Serious Fraud Office. My most popular workshop is Releasing Computer Posture, a 50 minute office based session using chair yoga to alleviate back, neck, shoulder and wrist pain.
“Caroline is clear in her instructions, encouraging and friendly. Every week has a different theme so there is always something new and different to look forward to. She offers different options for many of the poses so that all ability levels are catered for. After each class, I feel mentally refreshed as though I have had a deep restorative sleep”.
“Your class is such a joy in my week . I think you have a wonderful energy that you bring / lead the class with — great!”
“Caroline’s classes strike a lovely balance between being thoroughly relaxing and calming, as well as energising and enlivening. There is also always a kind and friendly atmosphere. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
More about my yoga and my yoga classes…
- My classes are not just about creating beautiful yoga poses. They are about moving and breathing in a way that will improve your physical and mental well-being. All classes include pranayama (breathing exercises), meditation and full relaxation.
- All classes follow a specific theme. For example, one week we may work to strengthen the core and mental focus, whilst another we might improve our overall strength and flexibility to create a sense of balance throughout the whole body and mind.
- I have first-hand experience of working in a high pressure environment where stress levels often run high. My classes provide a simple and effective way of reducing physical and mental tension.
- My classes are for everyone and are about having fun too! People of all ages (from 20 to 80) and walks of life come to my classes. We laugh as we wobble in balances and smile as we stretch.
- I have experience of many styles of asana (posture practice) including vinyasa flow, Iyengar, restorative, yin and ashtanga. I infuse my classes with the elements of these styles that I believe to be most beneficial.
"Caroline’s classes strike a lovely balance between being thoroughly relaxing and calming, as well as energising and enlivening. There is also always a kind and friendly atmosphere. I would highly recommend them to anyone."− Sarah, Lawyer
"Caroline has really helped to improve my posture, balance and overall body awareness – classes with her are great fun and make me feel more relaxed."− Alison, School Teacher
"Yoga with Caroline has been a fantastic experience, the lessons have not only improved my physical health but my mental wellbeing too. The tailor made routines have made my work more focussed, reduced stress and alleviated regular aches and pains by correcting posture."− Alice, Musician